Thursday, July 31, 2014

July 16 -- the garden at the Massage Station

.

The Massage Station, at the corner of First and Huron, has a really nice garden.  They are not shy of tall plants.

Zinnia, with sunflower leaves.




Love the way the skinny curly bits peer out from behind the petals.....



Lots of excellent sunflowers in this garden!



Note water droplets in the green stuff.






Given those little flowers, above, the big petals around the whole shebang may have some other name? If the little flowers have the actual petals?



Not sunflower.  I'm don't know what this is.




I'm not sure, but this may be different from the one above.



Sunflower.



Not sunflower.



Sunflower.



Sunflower.  We're not the only ones admiring these.  See the bee?



A big bumbler,covered with pollen........



The bee left.  This is the same flower.......  Interesting how we can see the incipient seeds in the center, and the flowers still blooming around the edges........



Sunflower bud.



Not sunflower bud.



Bicolor zinnia.



Unicolor zinnia.



Not sunflower.  Is this the same as either of the other not-sunflowers above?  Or are all of them the same kind?  I don't know.......


.

2 comments:

Jeanie said...

I don't know what I like best -- the garden or the sound of the "massage station!"

I'm catching up on tons of posts so you'll be seeing lots of comments from me!

I need orange said...

I'm happy for your visit! :-)

The building the Massage Station is in used to be a gas station, I think. A LONG time ago...........

They do have a very nice garden. :-)