Friday, September 19, 2014

September 12

.

I heard a voice that sounded like a hawk, though it wasn't as loud and hoarse as I have known hawk voices to be. 

I looked up.  This image is considerably zoomed.  It's a tall tree.



Let's lighten it up.....  Those could definitely be hawk colors.



Zoomed even more, and cropped.  I'm surely not seeing anything that looks like a hawk's beak, but our look at that part of the bird is confounded by the twigs between us and the bird's face.........

This bird was the size of a small hawk.  Way too big to be a "little brown bird."



Another couple of trees beyond the one holding the bird -- the remains of another bird (a mourning dove, I think).

Of course hawks aren't the only ones who kill birds.  I think it's most likely that bird up in the three was a hawk.  I saw a small hawk chasing a bird through the neighborhood, once, and I've seen bigger hawks in the neighborhood.

Nature, red in tooth and claw.  Or, I think, probably, in beak and claw............



Honeysuckle.  Smells so good................


.

No comments: