Wednesday, September 17, 2014

September 6

.

I told you, on the 6th, that our telephone wires (and hence our internet service) were in doubt.

AT&T sent someone over to check on it, right after I called.  I told them on the phone that a tree fell on the wires, but this guy said AT&T doesn't do fallen trees.......


Ok..............................................

I told him that only one small branch was actually on the wire, and offered him our clippers.  He agreed to give it a try, and sure enough, clipping that one small branch freed the wire.

He proceeded to remove the broken wire, which, luckily, was the OTHER line, not the line we actually use.  (There were two separate lines here when we bought the house in 1985.)

Lots of other people had no power.  We were lucky to escape with as little damage as could actually be called damage. And to have someone show up as quickly as they did.  I'm not a big fan of companies as big as AT&T, but I have to say AT&T is RELIABLE........  I have had this phone number for over 40 years, and my land line has been down exactly once in all that time.  Once, within the last 18 months, and it was something they could fix (while I was on the phone to them, to tell them there was a problem) by twiddling something from the office.  Even during the Great Blackout, we still had phone service.................  Can't beat that.  !!!



On to the farmers' market.  Watermelons, onions (or shallots?), corn, tomatoes, chrysanthemums.



Cauliflower.  With broccoli.  I've never had either yellow or purple cauliflower.  Aren't they pretty?



Totally love these eggplants.  I've never seen the pumpkin-shaped ones before........



Chard and other greens...........



Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.  Carrot cake.  This is yummy.  It would be ok with me if it were just a touch less sweet about the frosting, but the cake is so good I forgive it the slightly-too-sweet-for-me frosting.




Bouquets at the market, with shadows.



And and with interesting water marks on the pavement. 



Peppers and squashes.



Peppers and tomatoes.



Clouds seen from the library parking lot.



Moseying around the block.



This cloud was so brightly lit along the top........................


.

No comments: