Tuesday, September 02, 2014

Smithsonian looking for transcription (and review) volunteers

.

Now here's a volunteer project that may be right down my alley.  No meetings, no commute -- something I can do in my jammies, in the comfort and privacy of my own home!

The Smithsonian is looking for people to do transcription (and/or review of same).

Today I reviewed some entry of bumblebee labels (others had already done the entry).  It's pretty easy to see whether what someone else has transcribed looks right.........

They also offer the opportunity to transcribe/review-transcription-of diaries and other books.

Bumblebee labels are quick -- not very many words/numbers.......

And maybe I'm contributing to knowledge that will help make the world a better place?

.

2 comments:

Jeanie said...

Who knew this opportunity was there! And you can add "Volunteer for the Smithsonian" on your CV!

I need orange said...

Indeed! I had no idea we could do this sort of thing for the Smithsonian.

I love your idea about putting "Volunteer for the Smithsonian" on a CV! Good thinking! :-)