Tuesday, December 16, 2014

December 12

.

Another day, another walk, another jet trail.....



I decided to try some filters.  Because You Never Know.

Whoa.  Ok.  "Halftone."

Some of these filters take into consideration your basic "page color" settings.  The default is black "ink" on white "paper."  The last color I actually drew with, in Photoshop Elements, was the green line on the spine of that one curly goldenrod leaf.  So that's where this green came from.  The "page color" (my words; I don't know how the people at Adobe think of these settings) was set to black and green, rather than black and white.

Weird effect, no?



"Ink outlines" apparently does not take the current "page color" settings into account.


This next one is from the above image, with part of the left side and part of the top cropped off.

I think this looks a bit like a Japanese print.



Closeup of left, center.



Color removed.



Closeup of lower right.



Closeup of lower center.



"Stamp" filter.  (With the green removed; this image started as black and green.)



Walking on.  Sunset.



Zooming in on the clouds in the image above.



A few minutes later -- completely different clouds.



I saw this bird fly up from the ground and land on this branch.  I zoomed quite a lot to get this image.



Close crop, lightened significantly.  Isn't it interesting how much differentiation there actually may be, in what looks like a black-and-gray image?

Hawk.  This was a fairly small hawk.  About the size of a crow, I estimate.  Maybe a bit bigger, but not much.


.

No comments: