Friday, December 19, 2014

December 16

.

I got going late on the 16th.  It was dark and wet when I walked.  We were having a warm spell, so the temp was about 40 (F).  It was drizzling.

All in all, not a bad day, for December 16.  Not bad at all.

My daughter has taken some really good pics in low light with her phone.  It was completely dark when I took this one (with the phone).  Dark, aside from all the man-made light....  The phone's flash was on, I discovered after the first shot.  I didn't know how to turn it off, and didn't want to fiddle with it, as it was so damp out.  This image was more green than I thought it should be (the flash?  I don't know).  So I lowered the green.  Otherwise, the above is SOOC (straight out of camera).

(I did not use the camera, too, because I didn't want its lens [which sticks out of the camera when the camera is turned on] to get wet.)

Not a very interesting pic.  I was curious to see what I'd get, and this was it.



As I was thinking about taking this pic, one of the neighbors on the south end of my block appeared out of the gloom.  She said she'd just seen Exodus, and that it was big and funny, and the 7-yr-old boy who played God was wonderful, and that the movie was long, and her back hurt, hence she was out for a walk.

She was outbound, I was inbound.  We went our separate ways, on a dark damp December evening.

.

No comments: