Monday, January 19, 2015

January 14, morning

.

Early on the 14th there was frost all over everything.  This seemed odd to me -- usually when this happens, it's been warm (and humid) and when it gets cold, frost forms on twigs, branches, etc.  On the 13th, it was cold.  Overnight it was cold.  On the 14th it was cold.

So what happened to cause frost all over everything is a mystery to me.







It looked pretty cool when it was cloudy, and then the sun came out.........






I like this black and white version of the above, too.






Frost on the window.  When I took this image, I expected the result to look like a flower, but now that I can see it "on the big screen" I think it looks more like some sort of sea-anemone (or coral?) creature, waving tentacles in the water, ready to catch whatever touches them.......



A very pretty morning.


.

1 comment:

Jeanie said...

These are dazzling. What a difference 40 or 50 miles can make to how the weather looks!