Sunday, January 25, 2015

January 20



On the 20th we had the water to the house shut off, so we could get new whole-house water shut-off valves installed.  Ball valves this time, instead of gate valves.....

I didn't know how long I'd be without water, so I collected a supply.



It snowed pretty hard for a while.



The city came, and turned off the water.  The shut-off is RIGHT by the tree in the pic, between that tree and the sidewalk.

If someone had deliberately intended that tree to straddle the water line, they could hardly have done a better job.  Sigh and argh.  (Wondering where the sewer pipe is, and suspecting it is pretty near the same place.................  Double sigh, double argh.)


The plumber came and installed the new valves. 

I had picked out a new faucet for the kitchen sink, but unfortunately I didn't pay enough attention to that task, and the faucet wouldn't work with our sink. 

Sigh, and argh.

I guess we're better off than we were before the 20th, but not as much so as I'd hoped.

Sigh.

.

No comments: