Monday, April 13, 2015

April 8

.

On the 8th I went to the library to participate in a conversation with Michelle Krell Kydd.


Michelle is an extremely engaging speaker.  She lives in a world I can only imagine, replete with smells.  Populated by artists and visionaries, gardeners and distillers.  Michelle is eager to help everyone learn about (and learn to appreciate) all of this.  She gives us a hand, and a handful of perfumer's blotters suffused with scent, and invites us in......

She brings all sorts of things for us to smell, savor, and consider, and tells us stories about where they came from and how they are grown/made/used.  She helps us acquire a vocabulary to describe the images/memories/feelings smells evoke.

She's going to be at the library again next month.  If you are near Ann Arbor, and are enticed by the thought of a two-hour vacation to an exotic place you never dreamed existed, come downtown on May 20, at 7:00 pm................

.

2 comments:

Michelle Krell Kydd said...

Thanks so much for sharing you experience and feelings about the Smell and Tell series at The Ann Arbor District Library. Looking forward to future fragrance journeys!

I need orange said...

My pleasure. :-) I've been telling everyone I know (and all the people I don't know, who read my blog!) that they should come in May......

I, too, look forward to going where ever you are taking us. :-)