Wednesday, August 26, 2015

August 13 -- the beach!

.

I had my shoes off and my pants rolled up the minute I got to the sand.  Ahhhhh.  Feet in the water, on the edge of an infinite view....................................



There are waves.  Tiny ones, but there are waves.



Looking at little tiny rocks through ripples on the surface of the water.  Cool.





Speaking of little tiny rocks -- I am always amazed at the variety.  So many different kinds of rocks, all in less than one random square foot of beach!




Closer crop of the above -- little rock, containing very tiny rocks.........



You know I picked up some to take home.........  (Scary that there is a lot of beach glass.  I looked out for sharp bits, and didn't see any -- or step on any!)



I can stand on the beach, at the edge of the waves, for a loooooong time.



Looking south.  We can see more big buildings on the horizon, just left of the trees.



It was nearing time for the bridge players to be done with the afternoon session.  They have a limited time in which to eat supper.

I headed back toward the Planetarium, and then on back to the hotel.  Looking mostly north (and a little east?).


.

2 comments:

Jeanie said...

I never think of going to the beach in Chicago! I love the shots you took. Very interesting. And the stones, beautiful!

I need orange said...

Thanks!

The lake is clearly "big water" but there isn't very much beach, relative to the amount of coastline, along Chicago.

There are a couple of beaches north of Navy Pier, but I hadn't realized there was one immediately south of the Planetarium until I saw it out the window! Beach! I was drawn like a moth to a flame............