Sunday, August 02, 2015

July 25

.

I just learned this is called Flower of an Hour.  It is amazingly cool.  Not only does it have an interesting flower, with a lot going on, but it's got astonishing translucent buds!



This isn't as sharp as I could wish, but not only does the flower have that intense magenta center, it's got a lot of red and yellow, too.  The yellow is pollen, I believe, and the red ...pistils?




Then look at the bud!  !!!



At first I thought that bud was a seed pod, but look at the bottom of the flower from this angle.  It looks to me like that is the same exact sort of stuff we're seeing in the bud at the front of this next image.....

I'm pretty sure that leaf, above, upper right, isn't supposed to curl like that, but I kinda like it.



Beautiful garden at the end of my old block.  Daylily.



Phlox at top, and Turk's-head lily.



I wonder what these are.  I'd have guessed that they were seed pods, but looking back at the flower, above, I do not think there were flowers at every one of these leaf/stem junctures. 



Stargazer lily, in the beautiful garden.



Stargazers and daylilies.



Phlox at top, daylily, lily at the bottom.



Phlox, daylilies, lilies.




Lots and lots of stargazers for sale at the farmers' market.



That evening.  Walking.


.

No comments: