Saturday, November 28, 2015

November 21 -- morning

.

They predicted we'd get snow, overnight, in the early hours of the 21st.  This is what it looked like when I got up.  A dusting on the plants and roofs, but nothing sticking to the pavement.




We walked to the farmers' market.  Bouquets made with fancy kales.  My better half dubbed them "boukales."



Edible brassicas.  Broccoli, cauliflower (purple and white).


Romanesco.



We had breakfast in Zingerman's Next Door.  By this time the snow was coming down much harder than it had been earlier.



I can't choose between this image and the previous.  I like that we can see PIES better here, but love the red in the previous image.........



This is what it looked like when we got home after breakfast (11:30ish).







My hanging basket's last hoorah.....




I glanced out the upstairs bathroom window, and was surprised to see yellow.......  Those are maple leaves, behind the snowy tree in the foreground (which is also a maple, but has lost almost all of its leaves).


.

1 comment:

Jeanie said...

Love the violets in the snow!